Last Updated: March 8, 2023
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including the following key categories and types of personal information:
- Contact information: Name, email address, phone number, and name company or business entity.
- Professional or employment-related information: Professional and employment information shared by you or your employer, including your position, salary, benefits and employer.
- Business Information: Information about your business, including type of industry, owners, authorized employees, payroll information such as employee salary details and benefits, business bookkeeping information such as bank balance, bank account transactions, credit card charges and invoices to customers, and certain business service needs as requested through our Services.
- Personal information: We may collect information about your employees such as email addresses, salaries, benefits and roles by way of payroll integrations integral to our Services.
- Geolocation data: The general region or area from which you access our Services.
- Internet or other online activity: Referral channels that led you to our Services and information about how you navigate our Services.
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve customer service. We use your contact information to answer your questions and respond to your requests and inquiries, notify you of changes to the Services, and maintain and improve functionality of our Services.
- To provide the Services. We use personal information to provide you the Services. For example, if you are a user, we use such information to allow you to collaborate with other users using our Services. Or, your employer might add information about your pay to forecast their financials.
- For analytical purposes. We use your activity on our Services for debugging purposes and to analyze preferences, trends and statistics. We may also use your activity on our Services in an anonymized and aggregate way in order to improve our Services. We may also use your information to protect the Company and our Services, and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- For relevant updates, marketing and promotional purposes. We use your email address to send you product changelogs and company blog posts we think may be relevant to you. We may also use information about your use of our Services in an anonymized and aggregate way to analyze trends and statistics and to promote and market our Services.
- To comply with the law. We use your personal information to enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights belonging to us or a third party , to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Passively. We and our service providers collect personal information from you passively from the internet and other automatic data collection tools, such as cookies and web beacons, which are summarized below:
- Tracking Tools. We use tools such as Customer.io and Plausible Analytics to understand how users use our website.
When We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
- With service providers who do things on our behalf. For example, we may share information with vendors and contractors who assist us with developing and providing the Services or customer support. These vendors are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing these business functions.
- With third parties as approved by you. We may share your information with third parties with your consent or as requested by you.
- In accordance with applicable law. We may share your information with the appropriate authorities if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- In connection with sale of the Company. We may transfer information about your Services Agreement with the Company, such as your name and the price you pay us, to a relevant third party in connection with, or during negotiations of an acquisition, merger, sale, or reorganization of the company. Aside from your Services Agreement, we may not share any non-public information about your financials that is not presented in anonymized and aggregated format during negotiations. We cannot promise that the buyer or the new entity will have the same privacy practices as described in this Policy.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Third-Party Links and Websites
Our Services may contain advertising, links or other content from the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties (collectively, the “Third-Party Services”). We do not control the content or links that appear on these Third-Party Services and are not responsible for the practices employed by such Third-Party Services.
Our Content on Third-Party Services
Our Services may be provided on or hosted on a third-party platform or otherwise make use of Third-Party Services. We do not control the content or links that appear on these Third-Party Services and are not responsible for the practices employed by such Third-Party Services. Your browsing and interacting on any of these Third-Party Services are subject to such Third-Party Services’ own terms and policies. Any visit you make to those other services is at your own risk.
The Services may also use third-party service remarketing services to advertise to previous visitors to the Services on such Third-Party Services. Such third parties may use tracking technology (e.g., cookies) to serve ads to you based on your past activity on our Services and other websites and web applications, subject to their own privacy policies.
You have certain choices on how we treat your personal information, described below:
- Modifications to Personal Information. You may review and request modifications to your personal information by editing your profile directly on our website or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that we will retain data for as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it has been collected or as required or permitted by applicable law. If you provide us with updated information, we will do our best to keep your information accurate and up to date. If you cease to be a customer, we will purge your data within 30 days of your cancellation of our Services. We will make good-faith efforts to make requested changes in any active database as soon as practicable.
- Marketing Communications. You can opt out of promotional marketing communications by unsubscribing through the Services or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may contact us to review or request modification of promotional marketing communications. We may give choices about other emails and communications you receive from us. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business.
- Tracking Technology. You may turn off part or all of our tracking software that has been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser. On a mobile device, you may turn off part or all of mobile tracking through your mobile device settings. However, if you prevent the use of tracking software or tracking through your mobile device, it will be more difficult, and may be impossible, for you to use the Service or portions of the Services.
- Location and Analytics. If we use Third-Party Services to automatically collect your personal information, such Third-Party Services may offer you a choice to stop the automatic collection of your information. Please see our “How We Collect Your Personal Information” above with respect to our tracking tools.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies. You can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note if you choose to reject, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Not Providing Personal Information. You may choose not to provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide personal information, we may not be able to offer you all or part of our Services.
Where Your Information Is Stored
We store your information in the United States. However we may transfer your information to our service providers who may reside in other countries.
By using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you understand and consent to having any personal information transferred to and processed in the United States. If you reside in the European Union (the “EU”), we will transfer your personal information pursuant to EU data protection laws. You understand that the United States may not provide the same level of protections as the laws in your country.
United States data protection and other relevant laws may not be the same as those in your jurisdiction. In certain circumstances law enforcement or regulatory agencies, courts or security authorities in the United States may be entitled to access your personal information.
We use commercially reasonable security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the complete safety of your information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We retain, store and use your information for least amount of time necessary for our relationship with you and to provide you access to our Services and in accordance with data retention policies and applicable law.
Our Services Are Not Intended For Children
Our Services is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information, including personal information, from children. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected such information from children, then we will promptly delete it. If you believe we have mistakenly collected information from children listed above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information for European Economic Area Residents
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal information. The term “personal information” has the meaning given to it by the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
You also have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below. If you have a concern about our processing of personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside.
For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
"Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”)
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Services to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and to opt-out of sharing your personal information with such third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usage and Deletion of Personal Information
You may request what personal information we have collected, used and disclosed about you as well as the identity of the third parties to which we have disclosed your personal information. You may also request deletion of your personal information. Please note that we may not delete all of your information if:
- we need it to complete a service as requested by you or perform under a contract we have with you;
- we need such information to repair any errors to our Services or detect data security violations; or
- we need such information to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law.
Please note that if we delete your personal information, we may not be able to provide you the Services with the same functionality. To make any request for personal information or deletion, please send an email to email@example.com.
You Can Contact Us